Tuesday, October 03, 2006

it's been a hard days night...

Wow...yesterday was good. Last night, not so good. Caroline was quite hard to settle last night. I was basically on the couch with her, feeding her etc. from 8 - 12 midnight. Then, we got her into bed, and a couple of hours later she was up again, crying. I brought her into bed and fed her. She settled, I feel asleep. I fell asleep on my side, with my but hanging off the bed, and my hand tucked under my but. Very uncomfortable. At 4 am. I heard the TV on...and Caroline was sleeping beside me all cozy and comfy. Carly and perhaps Catie (I didn't have a chance to ask Cliff yet) were watching TV...TV at 4 in the morning. Cliff did the transfer of baby back to her crib. Then, 45 minutes later, Cliff's alarm went off. Then I managed to fall back to sleep for a bit. Then, I got up when most of the kids got up...at 6:15. Carly slept in until 7 am until I had to wake her. Caroline is still sleeping. I wish I were still sleeping, and I know Cliff wished he was still sleeping. It was one of those colder fall mornings where the bed just felt way too warm and cozy to venture out to step onto a cold floor.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

well Cathy.McKenna didn't have the greatest sleep and neither did we!!!It's so hard .Why Can't Tim's be closer???Here's hoping tonight is better!!! If not call.we'll chat!!Michelle

Carol Kerfoot said...

I can feel your pain...well part of your pain...but pain nevertheless.