Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall Back, ya right...

I don't know about this Fall Back business. I do not like the Fall Back time change. I know for everybody sans kids it means we should in theory gain an hour of sleep, but really...

For the past 7 years when we fall back we lose an hour. I can explain. That means our kids end up getting up 1 hour earlier so nobody wins.

As an example. This morning the kids we all up at 5:55 am. That is 4/5 kids. So, on Sunday morning. We would all be up at 4:55 am. That is not fun. It is very hard to adjust back to getting that hour back.

I do however LOVE Spring Forward because then we get to stay in bed just a little bit longer...in my dreams it should work like that lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uggghhh... not looking forward either. Matthew has been getting up earlier everyday it seems... today and yesterday too, it was 6am! He hasn't really been effected with prior changes (back and forth) but I guess now as he's getting older... Who decided anyway that we need to do this business???
Andrea xo

cathy said...

Andrea, I believe it was for golfers or farmers?! Anybody???

I wish you luck on Saturday/Sunday xo

AmberW said...

I am SO nervous about this too. Just as I feel like we are getting into a groove at our house I have a feeling it is going to be stomped on. We'll see... goodluck mommies! (I bet the dad's don't have these same fears;))