Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Paper Bag Princess and the Devilled Egg















Back view of my costume
















Front view of my costume

Well, I went with Paper Bag Princess! I made my costume today in less than one hour using stuff I had in the house! The kids thought it was fun to do!

I used an over sized "hulk" gift bag. Cut out a head hole in the bottom of the bag for my head, and then I cut out arm holes. I had brown kraft paper in which I cut out two large sheets about the same size...spray glued those on to the bag. I had small paper lunch bags which I spray glued along the bottom in a few layers like a dress fringe. Then, I made a large paper bow at the top. I had the princess accessories from my 35th bday. (Thanks April!) and I carried a brown kraft bag as my purse. Final accessory. Punched a hole through the bottom of a lunch bag, crumpled it down to make a bracelet!

I won the costume contest. It was based on cheering. I got the most cheers and I won a fuel card worth 7 dollars, a Runners magazine, a 30% off coupon and a ghost puppet. It all came in a running shoe bag! Bonus. I spent 1 hour on my costume, and got all of that! Yipee. It was so fun to walk in there, and have everybody guess. Most people guessed correctly. Apparently we have a lot of Robert Munsch fans there!

No, I didn't run in the costume. I changed quickly because I didn't want to turn into paper mache! that wouldn't be so fun. Everybody wanted to see me run in my costume. Too funny. Maybe if it hadn't been raining.

Cliff dressed up as a Devilled Egg. White t shirt with cut out egg yolk (coloured paper from the kids stock) spray glued on the front and the back. He purchased a devil's pitch fork and horns from the local dollar store. He came in 3rd. He got a fuel card, a 30% off coupon and crazy teeth. Didn't have enough time to snap a photo. People were getting a great laugh out of his costume.

Lots of fun. I had a GREAT 5k run tonight. I love running.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Too cute-what a great idea! You will always be my original princess! I wish we had a picture of our "deviled egg". Way to go you two. It looks like you had as much fun wearing and winning as you did in making it! xxxxooo-Mom

cathy said...

Thanks Mom. I wish we would have had time, but it was pouring rain and we had to get in there to get our run going!

It was fun.