Monday, October 30, 2006

time change trauma

So, the pediatrician advice didn't work. My Mom posted a posting on her blog about something she heard on the radio from an expert in regards to helping kids with the time change. We did as she said (the expert)...and this morning (bright and early Monday morning!) It didn't work. Oh yeag. Yesterday it kind of worked. They got up at 7:30 which was 6:30 am. This morning. Nope. WAY EARLIER. I am feeling sorry for myself because I will now be up so freakin early. I was up and ready to go way before 6 am. Breakfast is already done and that is before 6:30.

Cameron was up at 4:45 am playing lego with the light on in his bedroom. Catie was screaming in her crib for Daddy. Carly and Claire got up and tried to go to the playroom to watch TV. We kyboshed them all. Told them it is too early to get up. We sent them back to bed. Cliff then was off to work.

I have been up 3 nights in a row with Miss Mae Mae (Caroline) My little monkey is teething. She bites me and feeds and gets diaper rashes. And, the drool. Oh the drool. Last night I think I had 2 hours sleep. She has been very fussy.

I wonder if April was up at the same time with Abby? I hope those teeth break soon.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation Cath; it didn't really work for us either. 6am Sunday (which was technically 5am), 5:45 this morning. AND to top it off, he has a cold and is fussy and cranky as well. Why did I take this week off??? LOL.
I feel your frustration and pain...
and I love you. Andrea xo

AmberW said...

Cathy I am right there with you!!!

Marcus was miserable last night. I was up from 3:20-5:30. Sooooo unimpressed. He is soaking through a bazillion outfits a day. He is a pretty happy teether but I think if the diaper rash gets any worse we are going to be in for some trouble.

The time change has gone alright for us. The crappy thing is we have been waking up at 8:30a.m. and now it's back to around 7a.m. I guess I shouldn't whine because it's not really that bad, but I miss the extra time in bed!

Happy Monday!

Allyson said...

I feel so bad giving out "expert's advice". I'm thinking, the experts are the good people reading this, do your own thing, ignore all Mom's slash Expert advise. So sorry Cathy and Cliff, grrr. What a long yucky night. Mom xxxooo