Tuesday, June 06, 2006

06 06 2006

Today is the day everybody has been talking about, especially pregnant Moms. Would you want your baby born today? Apparently there are a lot of Mom's that are due today are changing their c-section dates to avoid having a baby on 06 06 2006. If I were to have a baby this June, would I change the date if I could? Probably not, as if the baby was ready to come out! Come out already. Especially in the heat of June...I would be happy to just get the labour and delivery over with, no matter what the date is. But, obviously there are many Mom's out there that feel differently about it. I guess I understand to a point, but for me it is a non issue. I guess if your are superstitious you would want to change the date for sure. Thankfully Caroline is out!

As for today, it was actually a very good day. The washing machine is fixed! *insert my happy dance in here!, the lawn is mowed, and get this. By our neighbor Joan. She is so helpful to our family. She was the one who dragged the shop vac out when our machine decided to flood the main floor and crawlspace! I tell you as far a good neighbour goes, she is THE BEST! The lawnmower will be ready in a couple of weeks. It was certainly nice to have the sun out today too! The kids had a blast in the back yard. We even had a visit from Uncle Gil today. We haven't seen him for so long! Even nicer was chatting on the phone to my Sis April. That was cool. She is having my first Niece or Nephew in October! * More happy dancing here!

Dinner time, well...it got a bit late. We ended up eating around 7 pm. We were going to have pasta, but we decided to BBQ chicken and some sausage and some burgers (different items for different members of the family) and the propane ran out on our tank. Yup. Things are so interesting here all the time! There is never a dull moment here. Anyways, so after that problem was solved we ate. Carly decided she didn't want to eat. She went and found her ladybug in a little plastic container with a lid from somewhere in her room. We said how would you like to be kept in your room with the door shut forever. So, they let it go.

After dinner 4/5 kids had baths. Cameron was a hollering from the bath as his "owie" on his leg was sore. (He fell on the way to school on the pavement wearing his flip flops) so Cliff put on the magic foam and Polysporin and some bandaids to clean up the wound. Catie, after running around nude after her bath pooped on the kitchen floor. So I cleaned that beauty up, and Cliff cleaned up Catie. Then I got the kitchen and the floor cleaned up. I made the lunches/snacks for tomorrow. I also swept up the deck from the green playdough we played with this morning. And Cliff got the kids dressed and their teeth cleaned. They all were in bed at 8 pm.

We are pooped. Caroline still needs her bath. And then I will probably sleep on the couch again tonight. I cannot get off of there even with Cliff's help. I am dog tired at night. Cliff and I both. We hardly have a moment to ourselves.

No comments: