Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday was a very hot, and busy day around here. I took 3/5 kids to a park for a year end bbq in the park for Cameron and his grade one class. Thankfully 2 kids were able to stay home. What would I do without the support of my family. My Mom came over to watch Carly and Catie. As Carly was a bit too young, and Catie naps during the time we were gone.

It was a beautiful park, and the kids had a great time there. We left the school at 10:30 am and got home at 2:40 pm or so. They had face painting, bbq hotdogs, and all of the parents brought something to share. It was a really great day for all of us. Caroline did awesome...she must of loved the fresh air. She slept almost until the time we had to leave. And Cameron and Claire enjoyed participating in the games and the face painting.

I didn't feel like making dinner last night as it was too hot. MIL created a nice pasta salad, and we had bbq sausage and flat bread. The kids had ice cream cones in the back yard, and then into a cool tub to clean up and cool down. After everybody was bathed we got them into their pj's and took a drive in the van with the a/c on to cool off. The kids liked that, so did we. Got home put them into their beds. Caroline fed and we had some DQ as a cool treat. Then, I fell asleep on the couch, then got up to use the computer (got my second wind at 11:30) Cliff went to bed, and I stayed up. I eventually went to bed around midnight as I was getting the nods at the computer.

No comments: