Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fitness Goals and Plans for myself!

I finally entered the Fitness Fantasy Contest today. I am glad I am trying that! It would be cool to win.

My Entry:

Finally our family is complete, and now I really want to get my groove back!
Our youngest baby was born May 2nd, 2006, and I am currently breastfeeding. My fitness goal is get my body back, and stay there forever! I am a stay at home mom to 5 wonderful kids all 6 and under. Finding time for myself is challenging with our large family but I need to learn to make the time for me, because I am worth it. When I look ahead to my 35th birthday in October I know the best gift I could give myself, and my family, is to be a healthy weight and in good shape. My ultimate goal is to become the best me that I can be for today, not the high school me, but looking back now, I was pretty terrific! My fitness goals for myself are to find ways to fit fitness into my busy schedule, make fitness fun, I mean what better role model is there but a fit and healthy mom? I have always dreamt and talked about running a marathon by the time I am 40. I know childbirth is often equated to running a marathon, now I want to test that theory out! Being chosen as a participant in this contest would make all the difference in the world! Choose Me, PLEASE!



I started with my eating better, drinking water, and watching my sweets yesterday. I am back to walking...I need to walk before I can run! It felt awesome to do that! It felt good to sweat! I am trying to lose about 50 more pounds. Since Caroline was born, I have lost 20/40 pounds. And I want to lose a bit more than what I gained.

I am hoping by Christmas it will all be gone! That would be amazing. I am tired of wearing my 3 skirts that fit, and feeling frumpy. I am hoping my exercise and Carmen Electra Cardio Striptease DVD's will assist me in my goal of getting back into some of my clothing! It sucks not to be able to wear any clothes that fit last year...sucks when I go and try to pull on a larger size pant and they only go up to my thighs...that sucks. So, I have to take action, and anybody that knows me, knows I will accomplish my goal! I stick to it, and get it done...just like I have in the past. Winning the contest, would sure kickstart my program! That would be awesome to be chosen. I just hope that the photo I submitted won't scare them away. It scares me when I look at it!

I have started a weightloss journal, and so have many other of my friends over at www.kidswap.ca, but you have to become a member to read that. I have posted my photos there too. I am not posting them here LOL! Sorry. Maybe I will post my after photos tho.

Today I FINALLY booked a hair appointment with my awesome stylist Crystal...she was away, and now she is working Wed nights and every second Sat. I have an appointment!! No more grey hairs and roots! I can get my bright blonde highlights back!

Mom and Dad: Stop reading now...If you are reading this...stop now LOL. This is TMI...aka Too Much Information below, especially for Dad! Stop now!! close this page!


I also booked a pedicure for the 24th, and my waxing of unmentioned areas...can't give away all of my secrets! LOL. That will be good, and since Caroline is six weeks...hhmmmm. Maybe somebody will get lucky again...but not before the big Vasectomy...that is a whole different story for Cliff to tell LOL. He still needs to book that appointment, or else we will end up with 6 kids...

(Mom and Dad I hope you are not reading this...this is TMI for you even though I have 5 kids LOL. )

3 comments:

Allison said...

You are too funny about the TMI stuff! I hope you win your challenge. I think you are a wonderful mom and hope to be one someday as well!

Katie said...

WOW! Cathy! You are an inspiration! You are balancing FIVE kids and you still know it's important to find time for yourself to exercize and make yourself feel good! I am SOO impressed!!! Right now I feel like I can't do ANYTHING for myself and I just have ONE baby! HA! What am I doing WRONG?!?!?! Anyway, I, too, am wanting to start a Body For Life Challenge, but am scared I won't really have the time to dedicate to it between work and being mom and wife. Any tips? Keep up the excellent attitude! Love, Katie

cathy said...

Thanks for the lovely comments...

They are most appreciated!

Katie: You will be amazed at what you will be able to accomplish once Cael gets a bit older. You will do just fine! I know you have a great attitude from reading all of your posts!

Cathy