Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday Morning...early Sunday Morning

I should be in bed, but nope. I wanted to update on our busy but fun Saturday yesterday. We all got up early, and ate breakfast early. Stripped all of the beds, and washed that all up. Took most of the day to get that done. In fact, our bed still needs to be made! Fed Caroline and headed out the door to the bank. Cliff took Cameron in to deposit his 5 bucks that he made doing some recycling with his Nannie and Papa last weekend. So they did that. Then we headed to the market for our fruits and veggies. But of course along the way I really wanted and Ice Cap so we picked some up. I had made some snack bags up for the kids. They had a choco chip cookie and dried apricots and water bottles to drink. Then the fruit/veggie market for our weekly supply. Then we headed toward home, but we made a pit stop at a local park that the kids have REALLLLY wanted to visit. They had a blast, and Caroline slept and got some fresh air. We played for about a 1/2 our and headed back to home for lunch. We then headed out again to a local neighbourhood days. The kids loved sitting in the back of the police car that was on display! I told them that I hope we never see you in the back of a police car again lol. So, we walked around, entered some draws etc. Then we stopped back at home to get the propane tank, and then filled it up, and then headed to buy our meats for the next week for dinners etc. We got home closer to 5. Cliff did dinner which was oven fries and chicken and beef burgers. They were good. The kids had corn too! I enjoyed watching Catie devour the corn on the cobb! Too cute. I felt like I fed Caroline all evening. She was quite fussy, and not sure why. Last night she slept for almost 7 hours! Wow. That was weird and good! The 4 other kids went down easy. They were down by 7:30...

Anyways, tonight Cliff and sorted through all of the stuff that was flooded out. The good stuff left behind. We purged a lot, we made piles for keep, sell and garbage. It was AWESOME. The main purpose of this was to first clear out the garage again, and to make room for the treadmill. I will begin my working out on Monday. Yippeeee. I will also start my Carmen Electra DVD's too. See if I have stomach muscles?! I also found my skipping ropes! Yippitty Skipitty! LOVE IT!

The worst part about sorting this stuff tonight was not finding our high school annuals. We think they were thrown out. We cannot find them. Those are/were our personal belongings, and they were not marked on the loss sheet. We will call the restoration company on Monday to find out more. Very sad. I felt angry tonight. I think that is why I cannot sleep right now.

On a good note, I finally got ahold of our old photographer from our wedding 8 years ago. She is going to give us all of our proofs for FREE! And she is going to touch up a photo we had picked for our album. She is going to do that too. Thank you Mary! You still rock.

Well, Caroline is asleep, Cliff is practically asleep on the couch. The kids will be up in less than 6 hours. We will be doing our house clean, and doing Caroline's hand and foot prints for her baby book. Probably we will do prints for the olders too, so they can see their feet prints from when they were little too. Nice memories. I am tired. Dog tired.

Cathy

No comments: