Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Follow up to my Tuesday Morn...my afternoon so far!

This morning has been a write off really. Between phone calls to the insurance company, the car dealership, the flooring place...I feel like I lost the morning. I was really stressed this morning, but thankfully the causes of my stress are worked out! Girl Power!! LOL

I also finally got ahold of our wedding photographer who took our photos 8 years ago, and she is going to fix a photo that needs retouching in our book, and she is going to give us our stack of proofs for being patient with her! That is awesome too.

The lawnmower is fixed and back at home!

All of our annuals and books that we thought were thrown out in the flood, were saved and ozone-ated and the smell clean! They are in the warehouse waiting to come back to us. *insert Happy Dance here! I found out this morning!

The other stressful part of my day, was dealing with the car dealership. I knew it would be trouble, I cannot get ahold of Cliff as he doesn't have access to a phone during the day. When I took the kids to school this morning, when I got back there was a phonecall from the dealership. My guards go up. This cannot be good. It was a done deal I thought...the air conditioning. I called the guy Byron in the Service Department, and he informs me that we need to pay $900 and something to fix the A/C. And I say "Pardon?!" and I told him how our sales guy Tommy was to have that fixed for free, as we noticed the problem within the first week of purchase. They told me to call the main office, they couldn't even transfer me...grrhhhh. I asked for Tommy, and they said: Tommy is out of town until Thursday! I am was not satisfied with that answer.

Yah. I gets better. I ask to speak to his boss. So I get Dave on the phone. I deepen my voice, remain calm, although I am mad, and straighten up my back, stick out my chest to talk to him! First I introduce myself, and explain my situation, and I told him how the van was to be fixed. Explained how we had an appointment back in mid May to have the dye put into the a/c a couple of weeks back to find the leak as they could not find it then. So this is still during the 30 day purchase period. Tommy assured Cliff that this issue would be resolved for us.

I said to Dave, if you expect me to pay almost $1,000 dollars on a van we have just purchased, you have got to be kidding. We did not buy a new (new to us) van only to be spending money on it. No way. So, he goes on to explain how the powertrain warranty is the only thing covered for only 3 months. I said, you need to speak with Tommy. He was not the nicest of men to be chatting too. Meanwhile I have Caroline, in my arms, the girls are nowhere to be found, and Catie is in the sink playing with water...LOL. EEEKKKK! So, anyways I give him my name etc. and make sure he gets back to me. Well, lo and behold, about one hour later...I get a call from Denise from the dealership to say the authorization has been placed and they will fix the van for us! Yahuh.....(that is in my angry, biatchy voice LOL.)

So, I solved another dilemma in the household! I swear I have a black cloud over my head right now. LOL. It follows me wherever I go. When it rains it pours. I hope we get the van back tonight, now that it is after lunch. I need the van for driving to preschool tomorrow!

I even managed to get a good lunch made for the girls. Caroline is sleeping, and Catie is napping. Carly and Claire are playing with their clickits. They love those little dolls. Our vacuum loves those little dolls! LOL.

I sure hope I get back on the treadmill today...I am sure I can burn out my frustrations of the day!

No comments: