Friday, June 23, 2006

You have 5 kids?!

I had a funny thing happen last night at the graduation. I was sitting in the pews with my parents, my Grannie, Cliff, and all of my girls. These ladies behind me saw me pull Caroline out of the infant seat. She said...she wasn't there before?! I said yes she was. She said, are those two girls twins? (meaning Claire and Carly and we get this a lot) I said nope. They are 18 months apart. They asked about Catie's age too. I said she will be 2 in September.
So, you have 3 girls? Nope. We have 4 girls and that boy up there in the blue shirt, he is ours too. He is the big brother to all of his sisters. We have 5 kids. And they are 6 and under. They were freaking out in a funny way of course. They said to me, you look so put together for having all of those kids. You are only 20! How can you have all of those kids. I said that I am older than that, and I look good TODAY because I had my hair done yesterday. I kept hearing them whisper back and forth about our family to their family members. It was so funny. I had to share this, because these kinds of stories happen a lot when you have a larger family. I just need to start writing them down!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Far too cute! :) Isn't it nice to know that even though you may not feel it - people see you as calm & put together.

cathy said...

That is a good thing Lynn!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a message :) 5 kids, Wow! I would like at least 3 but I am happy for now just loving & spoiling one :)

BTW, you look wonderful!

cathy said...

Hi Angie,

You are welcome! You have a beautiful daughter. Enjoy your time with her.

You do too!!

Cathy