Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It is technically still Tuesday...well for 5 more mins anyways...

Wow. Busy afternoon. Laminate boards were delivered. The kids had fun today putting little stickers all over themselves. And, I sorted through and purged old stationary items like old note cards, and envelopes from my Benwell days when I actually had a great income lol. The kids loved pretending to write letters, and put "stamps" on them. Then the stamps got all over them. They had a blast, and it kept them happy for about a 1/2 hour or so. Then they picked them off one by one. Great fun and free fun!

Dinner was good. BBQ chicken burgers with baked low fat fries, greek salad and vanilla pudding for dessert. The kids were all filthy dirty from playing outside all afternoon so baths and showers for all! MIL came up and watched the girls so that Cliff, Cameron, Caroline and I could go out and run errands. We went to get sandals for Cameron at Payless, then we headed to Wal*Mart to get a gift card for the preschool teacher, and finally picked up our photos from Caroline's birth. We also had odds and ends to buy. Did that. Then I headed to Reitman's to buy a pair of pants and two t shirts. I still don't fit into my old clothing which is really quite sad. So, I didn't want to wait for another 20 pounds so I bought a plus size bottom. It is temporary. Caroline was crying so badly that I could hear her outside the store when I quickly tried on my clothing. Mommy ears...I hear EVERYTHING!! So, I quickly purchased the items and then fed her in the van which took about 2o mins. Do do do. Waiting waiting. Put her back in her seat and did the Tim Horton's drive thru to get another gift certificate for the other preschool teacher. Came home, Cameron made his lunch. He got into bed after 10. Yikes. That is a first and a last for that. He was tired.

Funny story Cameron told us today in the van on the way home. He told us that he has been kissed by two girls in his class in the tree at school so nobody could see them. Cliff and I look at each other and say oh yeah, calmly...Shaelynn has kissed him on the cheek once. He told her to stop. She did. And Hayle has kissed him two times as well in the tree. I asked him if he liked the kisses and he said no with a laugh. Wow. eh. Wow.

This is why we will never have a DVD player in the van. For moments when we as parents receive this kind of info. He is 6 turning 7 in August. So it begins already. Cameron is well loved by the girls in his class. It is quite funny to us now, but maybe not as funny when he grows to love those kisses! He plays with girls over the boys in his class. He is going to make one heck of a wonderful husband one day!

So now everything is ready for my busy day tomorrow. Caroline is in her crib, Cliff is in bed, the girls are all tucked in. It is my turn now. I am very tired. Tomorrow is the last time I will drive the girls to preschool together ever again. Thursday night Claire "graduates" from preschool. My girl is going to Kindergarten. Carly will be the only one in preschool in Sept! Wow how they grow.

Good night!

Cathy

No comments: