Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's Tuesday...again!?

Well, my days have been so busy I don't have time to update these days. The school year is coming to a close next week. There are things to buy for the teachers etc. Cards to write in etc. And pair that with my 5 kids it gets a little crazy. Well OK, A LOT CRAZY. lol. Tomorrow is the last day of preschool for the girls and they have a summer Carnival in the morning at preschool.

I lost 5 pounds! I have been on the treadmill for 6/7 of the last week. I have been watching my portions etc. And drinking lots of water. I am determined that by the time school gets back in Session in September that the parents and the staff at school will not recognize me! And by my 35th bday that I look absolutely fabulous! Well I can try can't I?! I will do it! I am a Mom on a mission.

I just got a phone call about the flooring for our place. The laminate flooring is being dropped off today get ready for the installation starts on Thursday, and hopefully finishes on Friday. That is good news. Very good news. Finally that will be done...and just in time for summer!

Caroline is 7 weeks old today, and she has been very gassy and upset and crying it seems like for about a week . This morning on our walk to school she cried the whole way there and back. That was brutal. It seems as if all I do is feed her these days. I stood on the scale with her, and I think she is about 10 pounds + so I know she is doing well. She is growing and and changing. When I look at her I see a lot of Cameron as a baby in her. Crazy how that is. She does look different than all of the others. Really cool. Last night she was up at 3 something in the morning. That is after I finally got her down around midnight, and this morning we were up at 6 am. I am glad the holidays are almost here. She must be going through another growth spurt. That is all I can think of.

Last night I made a good sweet and sour chicken from scratch. On the side was a big pot of white rice, broccoli and cauliflower. It was a hit for the whole family. Most surprised at this were Cliff and my MIL as I deboned all of the chicken thighs myself. They almost had a heart attack. lol. I don't like touching or cooking with meat with skin, bones and veins etc. It totally grosses me out. But it tasted pretty yummy. And Cliff has lunch for a couple of days and I froze one container and I fed my In Laws. Tonight is bbq chicken burgers and red meat burgers. And a salad. Cliff and I have started meal planning our dinners so that we don't have to think about what to have for dinner. We have a schedule up on the fridge and we refer to it each night. Works well for our family.

Today, well. I am going to work on my "office in a box" with the kids. Basically get all of my office type supplies into one area. Caroline is sleeping right now. And my 3 other girls are playing in the playroom.

My Mom also had a good idea and that is to pre buy gifts for all of the bday parties our kids get invited too. That way when somebody has a party to attend I can go to my "gift" basket and the kids can choose a gift for the child. That is a time saver!! I am all over that. Now I just need to get the time to do that.

Tonight it is off to get gift cards for the preschool teachers and get Cameron some new sandals and runners. He grew! Again. And pick up my photos as they have been waiting for me to pick them up for weeks!!

All is well for now. lol.

Cathy

No comments: