Tuesday, June 27, 2006

tiny pink sleepers

Today, I sadly and reluctantly had to put the little, itty bitty baby sleepers away as Caroline has outgrown many of the tiny pink sleepers. Forever. We will no longer need them EVER.

That is so hard for me. This step is so FINAL. All these sweet little pink sleepers no longer needed by our family. As our family will not grow anymore. Except up. But not in numbers. I will have to make the decision about what I should do with them. Do I save some for her memory box? donate them? or save them for my sister's/cousin's in hopes that they too can experience all of the joy a daughter brings?!

Just the thought of no longer having a sweet tiny baby of my own in my arms brings tears to my eyes. Our family is complete. And the scary thought is that I am not sure if that feels right. All common sense and family members tell me this is right for our family. But, even today somebody asked if we are done. And I said yes. We are done. My husband wants to be done. But me...I could have another. And it is hard when people say we make such wonderful kids and that we do such an amazing job of raising our c crew. I will probably always wonder who number 6 could of been. But I know I will never find out. Somebody has to be the last, and Caroline is our last.

Caroline is growing so fast, and today she is officially 8 weeks old as it is a Tuesday. She has grown up so much, and is really exploring her world, and watching her hands, and making vowel sounds once in awhile. Smiling at us and her siblings!

And has outgrown her tiny pink sleepers.

4 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

I know how you feel.. well, sort of! I just packed away a bunch of Ben's clothes on the weekend and I thought "I might not have another baby boy to wear these!".. but you never can tell :D

Anonymous said...

Aw I feel so sad for you Cathy. I have been having a lot of issues with my tubes being tied also - I know my DH wants to be done as well but I am just not sure. I even talked to my dr about how easy it would be to have tubal reversed. We shall see. Anyway- I am sending you hugs because I know it must be so hard for you. Maybe we could work together and see if we can convince our husbands otherwise!!!
Amber

cathy said...

Cynthia: Atleast you know there is a baby in your future and your chances are 50/50! I am excited for you for when you both decide to try again and make Ben a big brother!

cathy said...

Amber: Hi Amber! Nice to see you here.I have been so busy, I hardly get a chance to get on babycenter.com

I feel for you. I totally know how you feel. Sending hugs your way too. Let me know what your doc says. Have you had your surgery yet? I hope we can meet up again. Cliff was on the V website tonight trying to register...so I don't think another baby is in my future.

Cathy