Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday Summary

This morning EVERYBODY slept in until 8 a.m.

That is so unusual, but I am not going to complain. Our day was really all about running errands. We went to get meats, groceries, bread store, fruits and veggies. We went to the post office to mail off a parcel. I also got some waxing done, and a pedicure. The colour of my toes is "Dancing in the Isles" aka Cathy's pink. I had a fun chat with my two cousins who also go to Kelli. They were in there getting pedi's before me. They stayed for a bit of my appointment which was a lot of fun to chat and catch up! I never laughed so hard! Tears were streaming down my cheeks from laughter. We always have such a good time together. I really loved that.

Came home, ran some more errands. Between feeds etc. There was dinner. BBQ burgers. Yummy. Kids played outside. I folded two loads of laundry and cleaned up some dinner mess.

Cliff had fun spraying the kids with the hose in the backyard...the kids absolutely loved that! Even Cliff got all wet! That sure cooled them off on a very warm Summer day.

Kids went to bed a bit later as we are starting our "summer hours" so bedtime just before 8 p.m. instead of 7 p.m. Cameron went to bed easy, the 3 girls no so easy. They fooled around until about 9 or so. That was a bit frustrating, but their room gets very warm as it is southern exposure for them.

When I was done feeding Caroline, Cliff and I sorted though mounds and piles of artwork from the past 2 years. I layed out all of the artwork on the kitchen table by child...and took a photo of the whole table. Cameron had 3 tables worth, Claire 2, and Carly 2. We kept the best pieces of art we could find. I also now have a spot for all of my beautiful mothers day gifts etc. from the kids. It is so neat to think that I will always receive 5 presents every mothers day. Very exciting. I am going to get some gallery style frames to hang the best art pieces in our hallway. Make it a hallway that the kids can be proud of! I think that will make them feel very special to see their stuff on the wall! We will have a large gallery that is for sure.

From now I am going to take a photo of the artwork being held by the artist. That way I can have a visual of both the art and the kid together! Yippee! I will only keep the best...

I am in the process of working on a Home Management Binder. I am really loving that! Feels good to have EVERYTHING in one place! EVERYTHING from weekly menus, school calendars, to birthday lists, to movies we want to watch, to recipes and gift ideas etc. All in one large binder. That will totally prepare me for my busy days ahead especially when all of the kids will be in school. Yippee. I am going to need a very large binder!

We also sorted through all of our manuals, certificates for appliances and recycled/tossed the ones that are no longer with us.

We also sorted through all of the cookbooks, and found a better spot for them in the computer cabinet in hopes of trying out some new recipes etc.

Well it is late again. What else is new. Weekend is almost over...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, loved being with your beautiful girls today! So much fun. Singing, clapping, sharing.

I love your children so.
xxxxooooo

cathy said...

The girls had fun with you too! Thanks again for the time! It was much appreciated! xoxo

We love you.

Cathy